VISAS; Applying for your visa
It is a prerequisite for every visitor to Uganda to obtain a tourist visa in order to enter Uganda. Depending on your nationality you can get a 3 month tourist visa on arrival, for a single entry one pays 50 US dollars. Note that US dollar notes must be dated after 2001 or the notes will not be accepted in Uganda.
If you decide to stay for a longer period you can apply for the visa in advance at your nearest embassy or you can extend it in your country. You should state on the form that you are a tourist in order to avoid any confusion at immigration office.
What you will need;
- A six months valid passport.
- Return/outward bound ticket of your next destination.
- Remember to have several blank pages in your passport to allow for it to be stamped.
Passport holders of the following countries can get a visa on arrival to Uganda for 3 months:
United Kingdom, Ireland, most countries of the European Union, United States America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
If you’re travelling from other countries, you should please contact your nearest embassy/commission to find out the requirements for a tourist visa to Uganda before you embark on your journey to Uganda.
Make sure you apply for your visa well in advance to avoid an inconveniences.
You will need to submit the following to the embassy/commission:
- A completed visa form.
- 2 recent passport sized photos.
- Vaccination certificates i.e. Yellow Fever and Cholera
- Confirmation of your itinerary/a photocopy of flight details.
- Visa fee must be paid with cash if applying in person, postal or bank cheques for applications through the post. Please check the embassy website for the current visa fees.
- If applying by mail, use a registered self-addressed envelope.
- When applying for e-visas;
- You will need to fill out an e-visa application form which you will find online. Travel Visa Pro agents are on call to help you through each stage in the process. When filling in the form, you will need some digital copies of the following documents:
- A scanned copy of your valid US passport, ensure that the information displayed is visible.
- You will need to include a recent passport photo.
- A copy of yellow fever vaccination certificates.
- If you qualify for multiple entries, you should also include letters from two referees in Uganda, a statement as to the cause of numerous visits as well as police clearance from US or Interpol.
- Wondering what to pack;Packing is a very personal thing but here is what we recommend for your travel to Uganda;
- Avoid revealing or provocative clothes while staying in villages ( t-shirts and 3/4 length trousers/skirts are fine to wear)
- Light weight shoes and/or trainers
- Sandals and or/flip flops
- Sun hat and sunglasses
- Head torch
- Camera/ binoculars (if you intend to go on a gorilla trek!)
- Insect repellent
- First Aid Kit including: Paracetamol, antiseptic wipes, plasters, sunscreen
- Sleeping bag liner or sleeping bag